He is a large skeleton with only the upper half as his body.
Yagluth's Forsaken altar can be found in the Plains biome. There are Vegvisir runestones in Plains biomes that reveal his summoning location. Some appear near stones that resemble stonehenge, while others appear near small, unassuming single groups of standing stones (see images to the right).
Yagluth is summoned by obtaining 5 Fuling totem and placing them at the sacrificial altar. The altar can be found within five giant stone pillars that resemble fingers from a hand reaching up through the ground. Within the pillars is a small altar that has five small circles in which you can place the totems.
There is a red tablet in front of the altar that can be used once the totems are placed to complete the sacrifice and summon the boss.
Attacks & Abilities
Yagluth is fairly slow but has devastating attacks.
- Yagluth's fist will start glowing blue before he slams down on the ground in front of him creating a small circular explosion. Anyone standing within the explosion radius will take 130 Blunt, and 200 Terrain damage. Blue fire will remain in the area for a short time dealing 100 Fire damage over time.
- Yagluth's fist will glow red/orange before he slams down on the ground. This will make meteor-like stones fall from above and create a small explosion on the landing spots. Anyone hit takes 40 Blunt, 140 Fire and 100 Terrain damage.
- Yagluth will occasionally breathe fire in a straight line and slowly turn around. This rapidly deals 50 Blunt, 60 Fire, 100 Terrain damage per hit.
- Environment aura that forces darkness and removes raining which means Wet from rain can't be used as Fire resistance.
Yagluth's red/orange meteor attack can be avoided by using the stone pillars as cover. Yagluth's breath attack has incredible range, but since Yagluth is fairly slow, this can be dodged by side stepping or using the stone pillars as cover (although they will take damage and eventually break). It can also be blocked with a shield, but this is not recommended as it will severely drain your stamina.
- Frost arrows are the best arrow type for dealing damage to this boss.
- Yagluth takes spirit damage, making the Silver sword and Frostner decent weapon choices against it. Raw damage of Blackmetal sword also works.
- Fire resistance barley wine is highly recommended as the ticking Burning debuff deals heavy damage.
Dealing with his attacks
- Slam can be dodged. The area effect deals only minimal damage with high armor and fire resistance.
- Hide behind the stones to avoid being hit with Meteors.
- The Fire Breath is long ranged, but you can evade by dodging to the sides It's only used when not in melee range.
- A tunnel can be digged under his altar. This provides a safe place to regenerate health. Campfire can be built for the resting bonus.
|Item||0 Star||1 Star||2 Star|
- The "Yagluth thing" is a placeholder item with no use as of version 0.148.7.
Yagluth's trophy grants the ability:
- Resistance VS magic damage and lightning damage. (Fire, Frost and Lightning)
|Passive||Crow • Deer • Fish • Gull • Leviathan|
|Aggressive||Boar • Neck • Greyling • Greydwarf • Greydwarf brute • Greydwarf shaman • Troll • Ghost • Skeleton • Rancid remains • Blob • Oozer • Draugr • Draugr elite • Leech • Surtling • Wraith • Wolf • Drake • Stone Golem • Fenring • Deathsquito • Lox • Fuling • Fuling Berserker • Fuling shaman • Serpent|
|Boss||Eikthyr • The Elder • Bonemass • Moder • Yagluth|
|NPC||Hugin • Haldor • Halstein • Odin|