The Mountain is a biome which features frozen snow covered peaks framed with fir trees. This frozen and unforgiving region is home to Wolves and others sons of Fenrir. Drakes, the offspring of Moder, can be found in the skies making their nests at its peaks where they lay their Dragon eggs. Beware shifting piles of stone, they might be more alive than you think, stirring the resting Stone Golem.
Mountains can also contain Frost Caves, which are a dungeon home to Cultists and their pet Ulv. Bats also make their home here and can startle unsuspecting Vikings. Crystals can be found growing naturally on the walls and occassionally contain a large underground lake.
Going into the mountain biome will cause the Freezing effect on the player. This effect can be negated by drinking Frost resistance mead, wearing a Lox cape, wearing a Wolf fur cape, or wearing the Wolf armor chest. The Wolf armor legs do not offer frost resistance. This effect is also negated by nearby campfires.
- Silver - Veins of Silver ore can be located buried beneath the snow of the mountains. These veins can be located using a Wishbone, which is acquired by defeating Bonemass. Silver veins requires an Iron pickaxe to mine.
- Obsidian - Obsidian nodes spawn in above ground on the mountain, which can be used to make Obsidian arrows. They require an Iron pickaxe to mine.
- Onion seeds - Located in chests, usually in abandoned shacks.
- Chests: (2-4 of the following)
- Stone Golems
- Fenrings (At night time)
- Draugr (Mountain towers)
- Skeletons (Mountain towers / Cabins)
- Cairns can be found on the peaks of the mountains.
- The Deep North is a biome found far north of the map containing primarily mountains, though enemies or resources cannot be found there.
- If it is raining in another biome, traveling into the Mountains will result in a lingering rain effect for a short period of time. Precipitation in the mountains usually takes the form of snow of varying intensity. These weather effects have no effect on gameplay.
- High intensity blizzards may cause frame drops.
|Biomes (View Template)|
|Completed||Meadows • Black Forest • Ocean • Swamp • Mountain • Plains|
|WIP/Unfinished||Mistlands • Deep North • Ashlands|