Longship is a buildable structure found in Valheim.
The longship is a the successor to the Karve and the largest boat in the game. The Ancient bark required for construction is collected from ancient trees in the swamp biome. With 18 storage slots, the longship is the best ship for cargo.
- 1000 HP
- 22m long x 6m wide x ~12m air draft (height above the water)
- 4 seats plus pilot (currently any number of people can hold fast. You are also able to hold fast to the bow of the ship.)
- 18 storage slots (from release to v0.145.6, cargo weight doesn't seem to affect handling or speed)
- Speeds (50% intensity is strong winds and 100% intensity is storm winds)
- 50% intensity - 27 km/h
- 100% intensity - 33.5 km/h
- 2>> 20 km/h
- 1> 11.0 km/h (Paddling) This doesn't require wind to be in your favor
- R< 8 km/h (Paddling) This doesn't require wind to be in your favor
- 60m turning radius at top speed with full sail
How to sail a Longship
Check this Guide.
How to build a Longship
Placing requires being within Workbench range. The recipe unlocks after discovering all of the required material types.
- Select a Hammer in your inventory
- Press [F] to switch to [Misc] tab
- Press [Q/E] to switch to longship
- Press [LMB] to place it in the water