The Karve is a buildable structure in Valheim. It is a boat and the successor to the Raft. It is faster and more maneuverable than the raft, which allows for better tacking, or sailing into the wind. The Karve also has a cargo hold, which stores up to four stacks of items.
- 500 HP
- 10m long x 3m wide x 8m air draft (height from waterline).
- 2 seats plus pilot (currently any number of people can hold fast)
- 4 storage slots (from release to v0.145.6, cargo weight doesn't seem to affect handling or speed)
- 50% intensity - 20 km/h
- 100% intensity - 24.5 km/h
- 2>> 13 km/h
- 1> 11.5 km/h (Paddling) This doesn't require wind to be in your favor
- R< 8 km/h (Paddling) This doesn't require wind to be in your favor
- 20 m turning radius at top speed with full sail
How to sail a Karve
Check this Guide.
How to build a Karve
Placing requires being within workbench range. The recipe unlocks after discovering all of the required material types.
- Select the Hammer in your inventory
- Press [F] to switch to the [Misc] tab
- Press [Q/E] to select to Karve
- Press [LMB] to place it in the water
- The Karve cannot be deconstructed with a hammer, but its resources drop when it is destroyed and can be recovered if a player is standing in range to pick them up before they sink.
- The Karve can outrun a Serpent with the wind directly behind it; eventually, the serpent will give up the chase.