Haldor is a trader found randomly in the Black Forest biome. He sells several unique items that can be purchased when players bring enough Coins. Haldor will also purchase Rubies, Amber, Amber Pearls, and Silver Necklaces from players in return for coin. There is no other use for these items and they can be safely sold.
When in a 290m radius (about 1½ default minimap sizes away) from Haldor for the first time, his bag icon will appear on the world map.
He will only spawn on the Black Forest biome, but can appear in any Black Forest biome in that world whether it is near the starting Sacrificial Stones or at the edge of the world.
|Yule hat||100 Coins||Cosmetic headpiece|
(Uses Helmet Slot)
|Dverger circlet||620 Coins||Provides light in front of yourself.
(Uses Helmet Slot)
|Megingjord||950 Coins||Increases inventory carry weight limit by 150.|
(Uses the Accessory slot)
|Ymir Flesh||120 Coins||Crafting material needed for high tier equipment.|
|Fishing Rod||350 Coins||Allows you to obtain Fish as a food.|
(Uses both hands when equipped)
|Fishing Bait x50||10 Coins||Required for use with the Fishing Rod.|
Currently not craftable
|Name||Icon||Price for One||Price per Stack|
|Amber||5 Coins||100 Coins|
|Amber pearl||10 Coins||500 Coins|
|Ruby||20 Coins||400 Coins|
|Silver necklace||30 Coins||600 Coins|
- When players find Haldor, it can be a good idea to drop a Portal in the vicinity to make easier returns.
- Haldor's cart and tent are surrounded by a shimmering transparent dome that acts as a safety zone that Creatures cannot enter.
- Haldor has a Lox in his camp named Halstein that can be seen feeding from a bowl.
- Haldor has 10 possible spawn areas per seed (example shown here: https://valheim-map.world/). He won't actually appear until you approach one of these spawn points, and once he does appear he remains at that one location "permanently."
- "Haldor" is a name having roots in Old Norse origins. Its meaning is presumably "Thor's rock".
|Passive||Crow • Deer • Fish • Gull • Leviathan|
|Aggressive||Boar • Neck • Greyling • Greydwarf • Greydwarf brute • Greydwarf shaman • Troll • Ghost • Skeleton • Rancid remains • Blob • Oozer • Draugr • Draugr elite • Leech • Surtling • Wraith • Wolf • Drake • Stone Golem • Fenring • Deathsquito • Lox • Fuling • Fuling Berserker • Fuling shaman • Serpent|
|Boss||Eikthyr • The Elder • Bonemass • Moder • Yagluth|
|NPC||Hugin • Haldor • Halstein • Odin|