Randomly happening events cause lots of enemies to spawn around the players. Progressing in the game world by defeating bosses causes harder events to appear.
For an event to end, a player must stay in the active event area until the timer runs out. The event timer is paused if there are no players in the event area.
Every 46 minutes there is a 20% chance for a random event;
- Available events are based on which enemies have been defeated in the game world.
- Most events require defeating a boss to become available (see Enabled by column)
- Some events are permanently disabled after defeating a boss (see Disabled by column)
- For each event, check that any of the players fulfills the following conditions:
- The player is in the required biome (see Biome column).
- The player is not in a dungeon.
- The player is within 40 meters of at least 3 base structures. This is not required for the "You are being hunted..." event.
- Select a random event from possible events (if any).
- Select a random player from valid players and start the event at the player's position.
List of events
|Event Name||Start message||End message||Creatures||Enabled by||Disabled by||Biome||Duration (Seconds)|
|army_eikthyr||"Eikthyr rallies the creatures of the forest"||"The creatures are calming down"||Boars and Necks||Start of the world||Eikthyr||Meadows or Black Forest||90|
|army_theelder||"The forest is moving..."||"The forest rests again"||Greydwarfs, Greydwarf brutes and Greydwarf shamans||Eikthyr||The Elder||Meadows, Black Forest, Swamp or Plains||120|
|army_bonemass||"A foul smell from the swamp"||"The smell is gone"||Draugr and Skeletons||The Elder||Bonemass||Meadows, Black Forest, Swamp, Mountain or Plains||150|
|army_moder||"A cold wind blows from the mountains"||"The cold wind is gone"||Drakes
(Also applies Freezing on the area)
|Bonemass||Moder||Meadows, Black Forest, Swamp, Mountain or Plains||150|
|army_goblin||"The horde is attacking"||"The horde is retreating"||Fulings, Fuling Berserkers and Fuling shamans||Moder||Yagluth||Meadows, Black Forest or Plains||120|
|foresttrolls||"The ground is shaking"||"The shakes starts to fade"||Trolls||Troll and The Elder||Meadows, Black Forest, Swamp or Plains||80|
|blobs||"A foul smell from the swamp"||"The smell is gone"||Blobs and Oozers||Bonemass||Meadows, Black Forest, Swamp or Plains||120|
|skeletons||"Skeleton Surprise"||"Skeletons are tired of fighting"||Skeletons and Rancid remains||Bonemass||Meadows, Black Forest, Swamp, Plains or Mistlands||120|
|surtlings||"There's a smell of sulfur in the air"||"The smell is fading"||Surtlings||Surtling and Bonemass||Meadows, Black Forest, Swamp or Plains||120|
|wolves||"You are being hunted"||"The hunt is over"||Wolves||Bonemass||Mountain or Plains||120|
|bats||"You stirred the cauldron"||"The cauldron calms"||Bats||Bat and Bonemass||Anywhere||120|
- Enemies can spawn in any biome, weather or time of the day.
- Spawned enemies are always in the hunt mode (easier targeting, harder to drop aggro).
- "Max spawn" means the max amount and how many spawns are attempted when the event starts.
- "Suppression distance" is 10 meters, unless otherwise specified.
|Name||Chance||Interval||Max spawn||Minimum altitude||Other|
|Neck||100 %||20 s||2||0 m|
|Boar||100 %||20 s||2||0 m|
|Fuling||58.2 %||10 s||8||0 m||Group 1-4 with 1 m radius|
|Fuling Berserker||47 %||20 s||2||0 m|
|Fuling shaman||47 %||20 s||1||0 m|
|Greydwarf||100 %||5 s||6||0 m||No suppression distance, group 1-3 with 3 m radius|
|Greydwarf shaman||100 %||5 s||1||0 m|
|Greydwarf brute||100 %||5 s||1||0 m|
|Greylling||100 %||5 s||4||0 m||No suppression distance, group 1-3 with 3 m radius|
|Wolf||100 %||2 s||6||0 m|
|Skeleton||100 %||10 s||20||-1 m||Group 4-6 with 4 m radius|
|Rancid remains||54 %||15 s||1||-1 m|
|Draugr||100 %||5 s||3||-1 m|
|Skeleton||100 %||5 s||6||-1 m|
|Drake||100 %||10 s||3||-1 m||90 max tilt, 10 m offset from ground|
|Blob||100 %||2 s||5||-1 m||Group 1-3 with 1 m radius|
|Oozer||100 %||10 s||2||-1 m|
|Troll||100 %||20 s||2||0 m|
|Surtling||100 %||2 s||4||1 m|
|Bat||100%||10 s||10||Anywhere||Group 2-4 with 4 m radius, 90 max tilt|
- The event area (96 meters radius) is significantly bigger than the visual red circle (64 meters radius).
- In multiplayer, the event timer ticks when any of the players are in the event area.
- However event enemies are only spawned when the zone owner is in the event area.
- Events won't trigger for players who are inside dungeons. Similarly being in a dungeon won't progress events even when inside the event area.
- If an event is already running when a new one triggers, the previous event will automatically end.
- The biome check uses the exact biome at the player's position (which can be seen when hovering the bigger minimap) instead of the average biome based on zone corners (which can be seen on the smaller minimap).
- Base structures suppress spawns which affect where enemies can spawn during the events. Large coverage of base structures may completely prevent enemy spawning.
- Enemies are spawned 40-80 meters from players which allows them to spawn outside the event area.
- The source of death for a creature is not tracked. Therefore, despite a player's best efforts to not kill a certain creature to avoid certain events, the environment (e.g. a Surtling walking into water) or a neighboring biome (Lox fighting a Troll) can unlock those events for that world.
- Event enemies spawn in "hunt mode" which makes them always alerted and also know where players are located within 200 meters.
- An event spawning Blobs and Oozers can't deal damage to structures, so players that close their doors are not in any danger.