Dying refers to when the player reaches 0 health.
When a player dies, the player leaves behind a tombstone with the player's name on it.
- The map is marked with skull and bones to indicate the player's last death location.
- No tombstone will appear if the player dies with nothing in their inventory.
- The tombstone contains all of the player equipment and is accessible by anyone who finds it.
- Dying on the way to retrieve the items will remove the previous marker but the tombstone will stay and the items will not be lost.
- When the original player interacts with the tombstone, all items that are in the tombstone are automatically placed back in the player's inventory if they have enough room for it, otherwise nothing will happen and the player will have to manually transfer the items.
- The tombstone does not expire when the server is closed.
- The tombstone does not expire after a set amount of time. (to confirm).
- Dying in deep waters will spawn a floating tombstone instead.
Upon death, the player will lose 5% of their total levels in each skill.
- When the death is caused by PvP damage, the skill levels are preserved, but the progress to the next skill level is lost.
After a death, the effect No skill drain is obtained and will prevent any further loss of experience due to other death. The effect duration is 10 minutes.
After collecting their gravestone, the player gains the effect Corpse Run, which lasts for 50 seconds.
- The tombstone may disappear if a bug occurs
- The skull-and-crossbones icon on the map will not disappear even after the player's items are recovered, permanently marking the player's last death location until replaced by a later death marker.