Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
The Day and Night Cycle is a key gameplay feature in the game Valheim.
- Valheim days are 21 minutes long, with nights being 9 minutes long. A full loop is 30 minutes.
- Each 1 minute and 15 seconds in real time is equivalent to 1 hour in a Valheim day.
- The day starts when there's a popup announcing the new day (eg. Day 12). There is also a musical cue that can be heard, though the popup is much more noticeable.
- The 24 hour equivalent is 5:00am.
- When the day starts the player will have to wait 10 minutes and 30 seconds before they are able to go to bed.
- The 24 hour equivalent is 1:24pm.
- The night starts when the 'You feel cold' announcement pops up when standing outside (this will not appear if the player is wearing cold-resistant armor or is under the effect of a frost resistance mead). There is also a musical cue that can be heard.
- The 24 hour equivalent is 9:48pm.
- Packs of the respective biome's hostile mobs spawn frequently at night.
- There is a high chance that a thick fog will limit visibility in the plains towards dusk and especially dawn, though it is not limited to these time frames only.