Creatures can be split to four categories:
- Passive creatures provide resources when killed (or harvested). They will never attack players.
- Aggressive creatures will attack players when alerted. They also drop loot when killed.
- Bosses are powerful aggressive creatures that must be summoned. Killing them unlocks Forsaken powers, increases world difficulty and provides loot to progress in the game.
- NPCs are friendly creatures that can't be killed and may provide some service or help to the player.
Passive creatures do not attack the player.
|Fish||0 (can be picked up when above water)|
|Leviathan||0 (40 each Abyssal barnacle)|
Creatures can have stars representing their level. One-star creatures have double the health and deal 150% damage, while two-stars have triple the health and deal double damage.
- Creatures will give up chasing after unable to attack for 60 seconds or unable to detect the target for 30 seconds.
- Some creatures have a max chase range. After chasing that far they will give up if unable to detect the target for 1 seconds.
- After unable to attack for 15 seconds, creatures will focus structures for 15 seconds if they can't reach the target.
- Creatures only attack walls and doors if they aren't able to reach the target player.
- Some creatures are afraid of fire and will flee from it.
- Some creatures try to avoid fire and will be passive near it.
- Some creatures circulate around the target while waiting to attack.
- Swimming creatures try to flee towards land if forced on ground.
- Creatures passively regenerate 3.33% of their max health every minute.
- Creatures gain +30% more effective health per each additional player in the area. E.g. 3 players = +60% effective health.
- Creatures gain +4% more damage per each additional player in the area. E.g. 3 players = +8% damage.
Also known as the Forsaken, bosses can be summoned by offering specific items (hinted by the Runestones) at their specific spawn site. They have increased HP and special attacks.
A boss site is automatically marked on the player's map by reading the runestone in the specific biomes. There are multiple spawn locations for every boss.
Killing any given boss will reward the ability to use Forsaken powers.
|Picture||Name||Summoning||Items to Summon||Base HP||Base Damage||Forsaken Power||Weakness||Resistance||Immunity|
|Eikthyr||3 locations in Meadows||2 Deer trophies||500||20 Pierce, 15 Lightning||Your ability to run and jump is improved. (-60%)||Stagger|
|The Elder||4 locations in Black Forest||3 Ancient seeds||2500||35 Pierce, 60 Blunt||Faster wood cutting (+60%).||Fire||Poison, Spirit, Stagger|
|Bonemass||5 locations in Swamp||10 Withered bones||5000||80 Blunt + 50 Poison, 130 Poison||Resistance VS physical damage. (Blunt, Slash and Pierce)||Blunt, Frost||Fire, Pierce, Slash||Poison, Stagger|
|Moder||3 locations Mountain||3 Dragon eggs||7500||30 Pierce + 200 Frost, 110 Slash, 200 Frost||Always tailwind when sailing.||Fire||Frost, Spirit, Stagger|
|Yagluth||4 locations Plains||5 Fuling totems||10000||65 Fire + 65 Lightning, 100 Fire, 40 Fire + 20 Lightning, 40 Blunt + 120 Fire||Resistance VS magic damage and lightning damage. (Fire, Frost and Lightning)||Fire, Pierce||Poison, Stagger|
NPCs are friendly character that do not take or deal damage.
|Hugin||Spawn near players to explain basics mechanics.|
|Haldor||In a Black Forest biome.|
|Halstein||Next to Haldor.|
|Odin||Randomly next to player.|
- Creature deals up to this amount of damage if unmitigated. Damage range is between 75%-100% of this value.
|Passive||Crow • Deer • Fish • Gull • Leviathan|
|Aggressive||Boar • Neck • Greyling • Greydwarf • Greydwarf brute • Greydwarf shaman • Troll • Ghost • Skeleton • Rancid remains • Blob • Oozer • Draugr • Draugr elite • Leech • Surtling • Wraith • Wolf • Drake • Stone Golem • Fenring • Deathsquito • Lox • Fuling • Fuling Berserker • Fuling shaman • Serpent • Growth|
|Boss||Eikthyr • The Elder • Bonemass • Moder • Yagluth|
|NPC||Hugin • Haldor • Halstein • Odin|