A Campfire is a type of structure in Valheim.
A campfire can be crafted from the very beginning using a Hammer. It is found under the Misc tab.
How to build a Campfire
- Select the Hammer.
- Press the right mouse button to bring up the build menu.
- Switch to the "Misc" tab.
- Select the campfire with the left mouse button.
- Press the left mouse button to place the campfire.
- A campfire can only be built on the ground, natural rocks or player placed stone structures.
- Greylings and Greydwarfs fear fire and will flee from fire.
- Greydwarf brutes and Greydwarf shamans don't fear fire and will attack you regardless of campfire proximity.
- A campfire must be fueled with wood in order to function.
- Campfires stop working if exposed to rainy weather without a roof.
- Active campfires create smoke. If the campfire is created within an enclosed space, the smoke can build up causing any players inside to be Smoked and take 2 hp/tick damage. To safely place a campfire indoors, the interior space must be large enough to let the smoke naturally dissipate or be vented out through a chimney or other holes.
- The smoke appears to have a 1 block diameter, so to use multiple campfires, larger or more chimneys will become necessary.
- Campfires protects players from the Freezing Effect.
- It removes the Cold Effect and adds the Fire Effect.
- The Fire Effect for the Campfire extends for about 7-8 units (3-4 floor tiles).
- Wet players dry significantly faster when close to Campfires.
- It can be used for cooking (in combination with a Cooking station or a Cauldron or a combination of both).
- It is required for a bed to be used for sleeping, but will not prevent it from being a spawn point.
- Destroying the campfire with a hammer will yield back just the 5 stones used for construction. All wood that was used as fuel and for the initial construction will not be dropped.
- With 1/10 fuel, a Campfire will last for 1 hours and 23 minutes. At maximum capacity a Campfire should burn for 13 hours and 53 minutes. This duration is the same for the Bonfire.
- Campfires will take 10 damage every time it sets an entity on fire.
- Though previously you may have been able to place a campfire onto Log beams, which would have made it very easy to place a campfire inside a house without destroying the floor, it appears to now trigger the "Invalid Placement" message instead.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.